Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wooden Machine 4


 Machine 4 (Without arms/paper holder)
  Machine 4 (Without arms/paper holder)
  Machine 4 (With arms/paper holder)
  Machine 4 (Without arms/paper holder)
  Machine 4 Top
  Machine 4Bottom
  Machine 4 Top
This Machine improved on Machine 3.  Instead of having a rubber band as the belt I took a bike chain off one of my old bikes.  I also took the gears off the pedals to use in my new machine.  This machine keep the chain in tension with the gear-shifter from the back of the bike.  This Machine uses all steel connections, bushings, and makeshift bearings.  The crank turns both the paper and the arms.  The problem with this machine is the smoothness of the cranking and the post that moves side to side and connects the top and bottom arms.  This is because of the distance between the two arms.  This machine ends up drawing an oval if the paper was stationary.  But because the paper turns it draws a rose like shape. 
Drawing From Machine 4
Paper Cutter
 For this machine I made a little machine that cuts paper in a circle with an knife.
The machine is created completely by me (Tim Morrison) without directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment