Saturday, February 25, 2012

Wooden Machine 2

 Wooden Machine 2
 Wooden Machine 2
 Wooden Machine 2 Bottom

This Machine was the second iteration of my first Wooden Machine.  I kept the top action basically the same.  On the bottom side of the Machine I put another wheel that held another arm that had a rod and pin in it.  The rod and pin are in a slot that moves the rod as the wheel is turned.  This causes the rod to move in a slot that was cut into the base.  The rod is connected to the top pin and causes the top pin to move side to side.  This creates an oval like shape.  In this Machine I was also experimenting with the position of the pin on the top wheel.  When in the row of hols as pictured above, the pen draws a oval (Bottom picture).  When in the holes that are perpendicular to that row, the pen draws a kidney like shape. (Top Picuture


The machine is created completely by me (Tim Morrison) without directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment